Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Thrift Stores



Being a full time college student with a part time job I dont have much cash to throw around on my wardrobe, But of course I'm a diva and need to buy cute new clothing on a regular basis. So this is a problem and I am a problem solver the answer is thrift stores. Although they might not be brand new, I believe broken in clothes are the best! Some of my favorite piece have once been at a thrift store. I got into thrift shoping with my friend Chyvonne in highschool, but I didn't really get into it until I was a despret college student and fortunatly in Bloomsburg there are quit a few thrift shops.

I believe thrift shoping has become more popular with this economic time we are in. Personally, I can see spend $20.00 on a T-shirt that you can get for $4.00 at the thrift store. Not to mention that Good will industries helps out others and you can not only shop but also donate you're clothing.

I know alot of people think they wont be able to find anything they like or they have looked but didnt find anything. With thrift store shopping its all about finding the diamond in the rough. When I go to the thrift store I like to go in with an idea of what I am looking for, this makes it easier to find good items. Thrift stores are not like departnement stores that have racks of the exact thing you want, they might have three things similar to what you want and its up to the shopper to find them. Thrift shop is a true experience and shoppers feel great satisfaction leave with cheap unique items as well as giving back.

No comments:

Post a Comment